The Free Library staff has taken to a variety of virtual platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and Crowdcast, to host some of your favorite events until everyone can get together in person again. Programs are being offered for library lovers of all ages, from storytimes to financial workshops to crafting and more.
Head over to their brand-new Virtual Programming page and find something that interests you! Be sure to check out the event details and follow the instructions for participating.
Visit the Free Library Online
While their buildings are closed, Free Library users can continue to take advantage of their resources, from ebooks and audiobooks to TV, music, and so much more. Browse their digital media and databases, and stay up-to-date with their digital offerings by following their blog and social media.
From the Free Library Blog
- Are you new to reading digitally? Their blog has tutorials to get you started with ebooks and audiobooks.
- Get a tutorial on making your own mask for fun, not for profit.
- If the school assignments are done and your Netflix queue is getting dangerously short, it’s time to take a break from your normal routine, pull out all the colored pencils, crayons, and markers, and #ColorOurCollections!
- If your GED or HiSET classes have been postponed or if you have not yet registered for classes, you can practice for the GED or HiSET with these resources using your library card and PIN.
- Colorful ingredients can be found in fresh, canned, dried, and frozen forms. Here’s how you can cook the rainbow with the Free Library’s Culinary Literacy Center!
- Are you interested in protecting your business name or invention with a trademark or patent? You can begin working on these processes from home with these resources from the Business Resource and Innovation Center.
Digital Resource Spotlight
The Free Library has dozens of digital resources, and below we’re spotlighting two that will bring your favorite streaming media right to your home with a library card and PIN. Explore all their offerings by visiting freelibrary.org today.
- Kanopy gives you instant access to thousands of critically acclaimed movies, documentaries, and kids’ favorites. Stream up to four movies per month with your library card.
- With hoopla, stream movies, TV, music, and audiobooks directly to your computer or mobile device. (And pssst: there might even be a hoopla book club coming soon to the Free Library! Stay tuned to our blog for details!)